Health Message

(Smoking, Alcohol & Drugs is injurious to Health)

Saturday 15 October 2016

Shahid Afridi, Javed Miandad issues are solved, Happy Ending.

Shahid Afridi, Javed Miandad issues are solved, Happy Ending.

A meeting between former Twenty20 captain Shahid Afridi and former player Javed Miandad

Source: Mushtaq Afridi


Miandad had stirred a storm when he claimed that Afridi was a ‘fixer’ who had sold the country on the cricket pitch and he had caught him red-handed during his coaching tenure more than 15 years ago.

“Afridi is like a younger brother,” said Miandad in the video message. “And I have already stated that everything is finish from my side. A lot of things happen in the heat of the moment. And I know that Afridi is still unhappy with a few things I said but I take all my words back.”


Former T20I captain then continued the conversation and said that since the legend has taken his words back everything is fine now.

“I am happy to meet you,” said Afridi. “I never wanted you to say sorry to me because you are elder to me. You have taken your words back and that is enough for me and all my fans. I am also sorry for all things that I said and that might have hurt you.”

Earlier, Javed Miandad said that Afridi’s remarks disappointed him deeply but he had forgiven him as he is senior and mentored Afridi for years.
Miandad also wished former T20 captain with all the luck and prayers.

On the other hand, Wasim Akram took to the Twitter and posted that it’s really hurting what is going on between two legends.

He said that both players had contributed a lot for the cricket in Pakistan.

Akram also demanded an appropriate mediation to resolve the matter as soon as possible.

Further, Shahid Afridi decided to send a legal notice to Javed Miandad over baseless match fixing allegations.


During a press conference in Karachi, a reporter asked Afridi that “Javed Miandad said that you wanted farewell game only for money”.

No comments:

Post a Comment